Burlington County Animal Alliance
Adopting a pet is a lifetime commitment. Cats can live an average of 13 to 20 years.
Adopting a pet is a serious commitment that requires careful consideration. Please ensure that you are able to make the necessary commitments of time, responsibility, money, and love, for the life of your companion feline.
The goal of our feline rescue is successful adoptions. As such, our policy is designed to help and protect both you as a potential pet parent and, our animals. Please recognize that being the first person to apply for an animal does not guarantee that you will be approved to adopt that animal. We do not work on a first-come, first-served basis, but rather try at all times to find the best match possible between the animal and the adopting home.
To be considered for adoption, you must:
• Provide a valid driver's license or state ID, and be over the age of 18.
• Show proof of your current address; supply written/verbal permission from your landlord if applicable.
• Demonstrate the ability to provide a stable home, a safe environment, necessary veterinary care and nutrition, basic training, identification and companionship for the animal.
• Complete the adoption application form
• Complete the Adoption Agreement form
Prior to the adoption of your pet, you must schedule your pet's first wellness visit with a veterinarian for within 14 days of adoption. A follow-up check will be made to confirm the appointment was scheduled and attended. It is strongly recommended that at this veterinary visit, your new pet be tested and/or treated for parasites and for common feline diseases.
The Burlington County Animal Alliance felines are spayed or neutered prior to adoption, are FIV & FELV tested and found negative, have received at least the first series of FVRCP vaccines, and depending on their age and weight, have received their one year rabies vaccine.
Kittens: under 1 year, $100
Cats older than one year, $80 and up
Cats Older than 5 years, $60 and up
Long-hair and Pedigree cats, $100.00 and up
Adoption Location: PetSmart Precious Pets Other
Paid by: Cash PetSmart Gift Card Check
Cat’s Name_______________________________ Color_______________ Breed_________________Today's Date _________
Last Name: ________________________________________First Name: ___________________________________________
Primary Phone:____________________________________ Secondary Phone: ______________________________________
Place of Employment:_____________________________________________________Work Phone: _____________________
1. Where do you live? House Condo Apartment Trailer Student Housing Military Housing
2. Do you: Own Rent Live with Parents/Relatives Live with Friends
3. If applicable, please give Landlord or Homeowner's Name and Phone Number: ______________________________________
4. How many people including yourself live in the home? __________________________________________________________
3B. Please list everyone living in your home:
Name ___________________ ___________________ __________________ __________________
Allergic to Dogs? ___________________ ___________________ __________________ __________________
Allergic to Cats? ___________________ ___________________ __________________ __________________
Age? ___________________ ___________________ __________________ __________________
Live there full time? ___________________ ___________________ __________________ __________________
5. Why do you want to adopt a cat? Companion Family Pet Business Cat Gift Mouser Barn Cat
6. Is this your first experience with a Cat? Y N
7. Who will be responsible for the cat?_______________________________________________________________________
8. Do you plan on having this cat/kitten declawed? Y N
9. Will this cat be allowed outside? Y N 9a. Where outside?_________________________________
10. Where will the cat sleep? _______________________________________________________________________________
11. What will you feed your cat? _____________________________________________________________________________
12. How many hours per day will the animal be without human companionship?________________________________________
13. Do you have any health conditions that could restrict your ability to care for the animal?_______________________________
14. What will you do with your cat in the event that you:
a. Are unable to care for your cat?_________________________________________________________________________
b. Separate from your significant other?_____________________________________________________________________
d. Go on vacation?_____________________________________________________________________________________
15. What will you do if your cat stops using the litterbox?__________________________________________________________
16. What will you do if your cat bites or scratches a family member or friend?__________________________________________
17. What will you do if your cat starts scratching unwanted areas like furniture or carpet?_________________________________
18. What will you do if your pet's behavior suddenly changes (lack of appetite, lethargy, etc.)?_____________________________
19. Do you agree to pre-adoption and post-adoption follow up calls, e-mails and/or home checks? Y N
20. Do you have now, or did you have in the last 5 years, other pets? Y N
21. If yes, please list below:
22. For the pets no longer in your care, where are they now and what happened to them?
23. Have you ever surrendered an animal to a shelter or rescue? Y N
24. If yes, what was the name of the shelter, and the approximate date surrendered?
25. If yes, what were the circumstances?
26. Do you have now, or did you have recently, a veterinarian? Y N
27. Vet's Name & Phone Number:
28. If you don't have a vet reference, please list 2 personal references that can describe your experience with pets. Name Phone Number Relation to you:
Name Phone Number Relation to you:
29. How did you hear about us? Adoption Event/Fundraiser Brochure/Flyer Family/Friend
Returning Customer Internet Media Walk-in Other:
I certify that all of the above information is true. I hereby authorize release/disclosure of any records and/or other pertinent information including employment verification, proof of tenancy and veterinary/personal references. I understand that any false information given on this application will automatically disqualify me from adopting a pet at this shelter. The BCAA reserves the right to deny any application it deems unsatisfactory.
Signature Date BCAA Rep Accepting App: Date: _ Approved for Adoption by: Date: _ Denied for Adoption by: Date: _ Reason for Denial:
BCAA FELINE ADOPTION AGREEMENT
PLEASE READ FULLY, INITIAL WHERE INDICATED, AND SIGN AND DATE AT THE BOTIOM.
*Returning the Cat or Kitten:
If you find, within two weeks of adopting your new cat or kitten, that the feline you just adopted is not a good fit for your home or vice versa, then if the feline is returned within that two week period to the BCAA contact, your adoption fee will be refunded.
In order to return the feline, please email to arrange the return.
After the two week period, if for any reason you need to surrender the feline, you must ONLY surrender the cat back to the BCAA organization. Your adoption fee cannot be returned after the initial two week trial period. You also agree that this cat or kitten will never be surrendered to a county animal shelter, and, that this cat or kitten will never be abandoned if you can no longer provide a home for the animal.
Adopter's INITIALS and Date _
*Dec/awing a cat or Kitten:
You agree that you will never have this feline declawed. Declawing a cat or kitten is a mutilation of its paws and can cause significant personality changes in the cat or kitten, such as aggression, biting, depression, and litter box issues. Please review the information on declawing in the Adoption Literature packet.
Adopter's INITIALS and Date _
*Initial Veterinary care:
You agree to make an appointment and to take your newly adopted cat or kitten to a veterinarian within seven days of adopting the cat or kitten.
You are aware that while BCAA ensures the best possible care of the animal prior to adoption, that the animal that you are adopting is a rescued animal and has an unknown medical background.
You are aware that it is the adopter's responsibility to provide and pay for any necessary medical treatment for your pet.
You are entitled to return any animal that is found to have an illness within two weeks of the adoption date, and receive a full refund of your adoption fee, if there is documentation from a veterinarian of the animal's condition.
You agree that you will not hold the Burlington County Animal Alliance responsible for any medical conditions and associated veterinarian or other fees that are unknown at the time of adoption.
You are aware that other than the above stated return policy, that the Burlington County Animal
Alliance has no further responsibility to the animal, or to the individual adopting.
Adopter's INITIALS and Date _
*All family members are in agreement to adopt this cat or kitten:
I agree to all listed terms of this adoption agreement:
Signature and Date